Youth Outreach Clinical Counsellor
Full time Youth Outreach Clinical Counsellor
Competition Number 1B05-2019-008
The Bridge Youth & Family Services requires a clinical counsellor to provide counselling following an assessment of participants’ health and wellness. In collaboration with participant, strength based strategies are developed and employed that best meet participant needs and goals. This position involves family and group counselling and program development as well as outreach work and on-call responsibilities.
Permanent Full time 35 hours per week
Grid Level 16P wage range $29.65 – $34.58 per hour
Health and Wellness benefits after probationary period
1. Education and experience
• Master’s degree: M.S.W (mental health specialization); or M.A (clinical psychology);
• Minimum three years of related experience
• Valid BC Drivers license and reliable vehicle
• Current registration with professional association
• Criminal Record Check in accordance with agency policy
2. Job skills and abilities
• Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of program development
• Demonstrated team work and leadership skills
• Strong knowledge of the bio-psycho-social factors that affect mental health including substance use
• Understands impact of colonization, residential schools and resulting intergenerational trauma in indigenous communities
• Knowledge of LGBTQ2+ issues
• Has integrated Trauma Informed theory into personal practice
• Incorporates positive youth development and a strengths based approach
• Knowledge of expressive arts based programming
• Good time management skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Proficient knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques
• Ability to work effectively with program team, non-profit and government groups and other professionals, agencies and organizations.
Submit resume to: [email protected]
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest however; we will contact only those candidates shortlisted for an interview.
The Bridge is an equal opportunity employer
|Location:||Kelowna, British Columbia|
|Post Date:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Exp. Date:||May 15, 2019|