Visual Presentation Specialist
MEC is more than a store, and we’re more than a place to buy hats and backpacks. We’re physical and digital hubs for the outdoor community. People connect here, through our stores, online channels, over the phone, or through one of our leading events, clinics or services.
MEC is an equal opportunity employer. We’re proud to work with our people to create a diverse workplace, which accommodates individuals of all abilities, backgrounds and identities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Tell us what you need during the hiring process, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
You are a creative thinker and have an eye for visual presentation. Your creative flair inspires others and you have a keen awareness of what drives members to engage with our products. You have the ability to solve problems and find imaginative ways to overcome design challenges. You can effectively communicate current styles and trends through mannequins and product displays without a blueprint. You work alongside the store’s leadership team and head office to ensure that each department of our business is merchandised to best serve our members. You are driven, and excited to work both independently and collaboratively on small to large scale merchandising projects.
If you like working with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative team, who connect people with quality products to encourage active outdoor lives, then this is the team for you. MEC is an awesome place if you’re always learning and trying new things, like bouldering, yoga or trail running!
Responsibilities of the role:
• Attending monthly conference calls with head office
• Upkeeping displays, mannequins, and signage
• Setting up in-store campaigns by deadlines, as per head office directives
• Merchandising new product creatively, without pre-set guidelines.
• Assisting and/or leading merchandising projects
• Coaching others on visual presentation best practices
• Maintaining photo documentation of store displays/campaign setups
What we are looking for:
• Creative thinking and problem solving abilities
• A keen eye for design and visual presentation
• An awareness of current styles and trends
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on small to large scale merchandising projects.
• Detail oriented, committed to maintaining high standards throughout the store.
• Ability to lead/ teach others
• Excellent communication skills
To apply please visit :
|Address:||100-1876 Cooper Road|
Kelowna, British Columbia
|Post Date:||Apr 22, 2019|
|Exp. Date:||May 22, 2019|