Seasonal Grower Support Technicians


Growers Supply Company Limited., a long-established supplier of agricultural and irrigation products, is currently seeking for hard working and detail-oriented people to join our team as Full Time Seasonal Grower Support Technicians.
The season runs approximately March – October 31, 2022.
• We are offering one summer position (1), in the Penticton to Osoyoos area – working out of offices in Penticton.
• We are offering one summer position (1), in the South Mission to North Vernon area – working out of offices in Kelowna.
 
Why Work Growers Supply?
Agriculture has been foundational to the development of the Okanagan Valley and at BC Tree Fruits and Growers Supply, we want to continue that legacy as the Valley grows and evolves. The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 400 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Our 300 plus LOCAL grower families work together in the BC Tree Fruits Cooperative as part of a larger community. Each grower nurtures their orchards to create the best possible fruit, and by supporting our growers we get to watch the local agriculture COMMUNITY thrive.

The Role
The seasonal employee will be responsible for carrying out grower data collection using GIS apps, tree and variety inventory, grower CRM update, taking soil samples or similar functions, maturity sampling and evaluation while also supporting leaf or foliage sampling along with some Integrated Pest Management (IPM) activities in orchards including: mite count, cherry fruit fly, leaf-roller and Brown Marmorated Stinkbug monitoring programs.

These activities will include weekly crop scouting, trap collections, sprayer calibration and damage assessments of apple, pear, peach & cherry orchards. An equal portion of time will be spent on laboratory identification of pests and pest counts. The seasonal employee will also input data and will be responsible for communicating the results of their findings to the Grower Service Department and/or the grower.  The seasonal employee may also be involved in other research work, as required.

Approximately 60% of the work is outdoors in the orchards and the remaining 40% in the laboratory.

The Ideal Candidate
Ability to communicate with fruit growers and other industry personnel in a courteous and effective manner.
Good technical aptitude, ability to manage a phone with apps for data collection
Mathematically competent with excellent data management skills
Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Valid unrestricted Class 5 BC Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
Good physical condition, interest in working outdoors.
Ability to work independently, with good attention to detail.
This posting may be of interest to recent individuals with previous agricultural involvement, BCIT, University or College graduates or to current students studying General Biology, Entomology, Horticulture, Biological, Agricultural Sciences or Environmental Sciences.

Work hours will be full-time, Monday to Friday at 40 hours per week with wage dependent upon experience.

Interested? APPLY HERE:
https://bit.ly/3MGMlKN

Growers Supply Co. Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Contact Seller
Name:OTFC
Location:Penticton, British Columbia
Contact Employer
Bookmark and Share Bookmark and Share Bookmark and Share Bookmark and Share
Details
Views:871
Post Date:Jun 9, 2022
Exp. Date:Jul 9, 2022
Listing Type:Private
Ad Number:4643075