Project Accountant - Construction
Amega Development Group Inc. is seeking a Project Accountant to join one of Kelowna’s iconic new developments, Water Street by the Park. The Project Accountant will report to the Owner and will have construction accounting experience.
The candidate should be an organized, detailed professional with excellent interpersonal skills, analytical nature with an excellent understanding of full cycle accounting.
The essential functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Process and maintain accounts receivable and aging report;
• Full revenue billing cycle to vendors/customers;
• Maintain budgets and job costs, communicate with accountants and operation teams on variances;
• Maintain paperwork for purchase activity with vendors: extending & inputting invoices, matching invoices; to POs, posting items into the accounting systems;
• Prepare vendor contract report each period to ensure compliance to contract terms;
• Managing preliminary cheques register deadlines and approvals;
• Prepare Y/E adjusting entries and accruals;
• Assist in maintaining accounts on the balance sheet;
• Perform bank reconciliations;
• Continuously evaluate the payables and receivables to improve efficiencies;
• Prepare certain statutory government filings and payments;
• Maintain corporate and construction paid utilities, invoices, and income; and
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum of 3-4 years of project accounting experience;
• Working towards their CPA Designation;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Problem solving skills;
• Advanced Excel skills is beneficial (Pivot tables & macros);
• Intermediate knowledge of Office 365 including One Drive, SharePoint is beneficial;
• Working knowledge of Smartsheet, Zoom, Dropbox is beneficial;
• Attention to detail and accuracy to ensure high quality of work; and
• QuickBooks Online experience is beneficial.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
|Location:||Kelowna, British Columbia|
|Post Date:||Mar 16, 2023|
|Exp. Date:||Apr 15, 2023|