People in Business


‘A very powerful group of women’
Trevor Nichols - Dec 13, 2017 - People in Business

An events manager and marketer with decades of experience will head up the new Okanagan chapter of The eWomenNetwork. Heather Sharpe, who recently arrived in the Okanagan from Vancouver, has been tapped as the managing director of the new women’s networking group. According to Sharpe, the Okanagan eWomenNetwork chapter will “focus on the needs of […]

Seeking a share of pot tax
Wayne Moore - Dec 13, 2017 - People in Business

Lobbying is going on behind the scenes as municipalities look to get a share of marijuana taxation. The federal government announced Monday it would keep 25 per cent of tax revenue from marijuana sales once the drug is legalized in July of next year. The provinces would receive the other 75 per cent. While the City of […]

Kitsch gets pot permission
Trevor Nichols - Dec 11, 2017 - People in Business

Trent Kitsch’s “cannabis lifestyle brand” has been granted a one-time permit to import a shipment of cannabis seeds into Canada. DOJA Cannabis Company Ltd. recently received Health Canada approval for the import, and will have until the end of the year to bring in the product. Kitsch, who developed the SAXX underwear brand, and also […]

Top 40: Dan Allen
Okanagan Edge Staff - Dec 08, 2017 - People in Business

This year, Okanagan Edge and the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce have partnered to showcase some of the Okanagan’s most exciting entrepreneurs, through the Top 40 Under 40 program. Sponsored by BDO, the Top 40 Under 40 recognizes innovative young professionals in our community, and showcases their accomplishments. Okanagan Edge will feature a new honouree each week, so check back often. […]

Top 40: Shelly Ben-David
Okanagan Edge Staff - Dec 01, 2017 - People in Business

This year, Okanagan Edge and the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce have partnered to showcase some of the Okanagan’s most exciting entrepreneurs, through the Top 40 Under 40 program. Sponsored by BDO, the Top 40 Under 40 recognizes innovative young professionals in our community, and showcases their accomplishments. Okanagan Edge will feature a new honouree each week, so check back often. […]

Pearl and Stefan Marten
Okanagan Edge Staff - Dec 01, 2017 - People in Business

Name: Pearl and Stefan Marten What business or organization are you involved with? Marten Brewing Co. and the Naked Pig BBQ What is your role with that organization? Owner/Operators What’s your favorite thing about living in the Okanagan? If we have to pick just one then the landscape, which to us includes the vibrant people, the offbeat culture and the […]

New president at GetintheLoop
Accelerate Okanagan - Nov 24, 2017 - People in Business

Kelowna tech company GetintheLoop has announced a new President and COO. Chris Pinkerton comes to the company after serving as vice president and head of the Mediative Consulting Group, an award-winning digital media, and marketing company. Prior to Mediative, Chris helped grow Enquiro, an innovator in search marketing and consumer behaviour research, which was acquired by Canada’s Yellow Pages Group in 2010. […]

Among the ‘most powerful’
Colin Dacre - Nov 23, 2017 - People in Business

The Osoyoos Watermark Beach Resort’s general manager has been named one of Canada’s 100 most powerful women by the Women’s Executive Network. Ingrid Jarrett was recognized in the RBC Champions category, for making a “distinct and describable difference” to the advancement of women in the Canadian workplace. The travel and hospitality veteran was judged on […]

New Okanagan wine board
Okanagan Edge Staff - Nov 22, 2017 - People in Business

The Okanagan Wine Festivals Society has elected a new board of directors for the upcoming year. Heading into her second year on the board, Lindsay Kelm of Quail’s Gate Winery will take up the mantle of baord chair. She takes over for Bruce Hibbard. Kelm says she’s “excited” to be expanding her role with the […]

Final Top 20 winners announced
Okanagan Edge Staff - Nov 21, 2017 - People in Business

The Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce has announced the final ten recipients of its Top 20 under 40 awards. The program recognizes top young professionals and community builders under the age of 40. The ten newly announced winners include a lawyer, several business owners, and an acupuncturist. They join ten other winners who were previously announced. “The caliber of […]