The Okanagan has about 1% of Canada’s population, but it is home to 10% of the country’s best restaurants for outdoor dining.
A whopping 10 Okanagan restaurants cracked the annual OpenTable’s 100 Best Restaurants for Outdoor Dining list.
Vernon, Penticton and West Kelowna each had two restaurants on the list, while Kelowna, Lake Country, Oliver and Osoyoos all had one.
“For the first time ever, we’re releasing a best outdoor dining list in the fall, so anyone who wants to make the most of this year’s extended patio season can choose from among the best-rated patios in the country,” OpenTable Canada district director Matt Davis said in a press release.
“Diners are determined to enjoy every last moment of the season, and restaurants are going above and beyond to make it happen.”
OpenTable’s list was generated solely from diner reviews collected between June 1, 2020, and May 31, 2021. All restaurants with a minimum “overall” score and number of qualifying reviews were included for consideration.
The Okanagan restaurants that made the list are:
• 19 Okanagan Grill + Bar – West Kelowna
• BLOCK ONE Restaurant at 50th Parallel Winery – Lake Country
• Hillside Winery & Bistro – Penticton
• Home Block at CedarCreek Estate Winery – Kelowna
• Villa Rosa Ristorante – Penticton
• Phoenix Steakhouse – Vernon
• Range Lounge & Grill at Predator Ridge Resort – Vernon
• Sonora Room Restaurant at Burrowing Owl Estate Winery – Oliver
• Terrace Restaurant, Mission Hill Family Estate – West Kelowna
• The Bear, The Fish, The Root & The Berry – Osoyoos
All Biz Releases Stories