The Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country organization is doing what it can to keep its products flowing and to encourage social distancing.
Many of the area’s 45 wineries are offering offering complimentary or discounted shipping for customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Following the closure of tasting rooms and shuttering of B.C. restaurants, the access to the South Okanagan’s incredible portfolio of wines has been reduced,” Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country executive director Jennifer Busmann said in a press release. “Our wineries are encouraging consumers to purchase directly with delivery to their door.
“We encourage everyone to support small, family-run businesses during this immensely challenging time by stocking kitchen wine racks and cellars with bottles from British Columbia’s most award-winning wine region.”
Here are a few examples of how Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country members have adjusted to the pandemic.
• Culmina Family Estate Winery: complimentary shipping on all Culmina and Number Series wines for orders of six bottles or more. It’s a great opportunity to purchase the last reminding stocks of some of Culmina’s most sought-after wines, including: 2018 Saignée, 2018 Unicus and 2014 Cabernet Franc.
• Kismet Estate Winery: complimentary shipping on six bottles or more, plus an additional 10% off both 2018 Pinot Grigio and 2018 Lotus Rosé.
• Lariana Cellars: complimentary shipping on four bottles or more, including their notable red blends Fifteen and Sixteen and 2018 Viognier.
• Rust Wine Co.: complimentary shipping for orders of six bottles or more. Additionally, for every 2019 Gamay Noir Magnum (1.5L) purchased, Rust Wine Co. will donate $5 to the BC Hospitality Foundation.
• Squeezed Wines: Home Care Package for $125, including shipping. It features 12 wines, including 2016 Gewürztraminer, 2011 Merlot and 2018 Rose.
• Tinhorn Creek Vineyards: complimentary shipping on six bottles or more until April 5. For residents of the region, onsite restaurant Miradoro is offering a daily “Fresh Sheet” takeout menu.
• vinAmité Cellars: 50% discount on shipping on six bottles or more, or delivery directly to your door in the South Okanagan.
All Biz Releases Stories