It’s time to find out which businesses and people are the best of the best in Kelowna.
The nomination period for the 32nd annual Kelowna Chamber Business Excellence Awards are now open and will remain that way for a month, closing on Thursday, July 11.
The program recognizes finalists and award recipients in 12 categories—11 of which are filled through nominations. Businesses do not have to be chamber members to be nominated.
Finalists and award winners are adjudicated by an independent judging committee. Three finalists in each category are featured at the November awards event before the winners are revealed.
The Business Leader of the Year is selected by an independent committee and named just in advance of the event.
The finalists will be disclosed at a September luncheon. Awards are open to companies, organizations and not-for-profit groups that operate within the Central Okanagan. This year’s award categories include:
• Rising Star (fewer than 3 years in business)
• Micro Business (1-3 employees)
• Small Business (4-15 employees)
• Mid-size Business (16-50 employees)
• Large Business (51-plus employees)
• Young Entrepreneur (under age 40)
• Not-for-Profit Excellence
• Social Leadership (for-profit business)
• Marketing Campaign of the Year
• Arts & Entertainment
• Technology Innovator
• Business Leader of the Year
All Biz Releases Stories