One of the biggest challenges facing entrepreneurs is money. Accessing growth capital, securing investments, and generating revenue are issues that plague startup and growth-stage businesses alike. Is your revenue limiting your growth rate? Are you in the process of preparing to raise capital? We’ve got just the thing for you!
The OKGN Angel Summit is an investor-led program designed to expose accredited investors to the world of angel investing through a guided, hands-on process where a small venture capital fund is raised, deals are screened and an actual investment in a startup is made. Participating investors and companies will go through an 11-week series of structured meetings including company reviews, founder pitches and due diligence.
The culmination is a public event (Thursday, April 11) where six finalists make their pitch to an audience of community members, and the winner is awarded an investment of up to $200,000 from the fund. That’s right, $200,000.
The cost to participate in the OKGN Angel Summit as a company is $99. OKGN Angel Summit uses Gust to securely and privately collect your company information, business plan, and due diligence information. Entrepreneurs who are seeking growth capital and meet the criteria below can apply by completing the application form. The deadline to apply is Jan. 18.
- Early stage companies seeking investment of $100,000 to $1 million
- Eligible companies should be within a half-day drive of Kelowna
- Must be able to attend and participate in pitch sessions and the finale on April 11
- Ability and willingness to accept and use an investment up to $200,000
- Prototype (MVP) working towards product/market fit
- Passionate and capable founding team
- Identified early adopters in a large addressable market
- A plan to scale with potential for a 10x return in five years
- Deck and information must be uploaded to Gust.
Jan. 18: Application deadline
Feb. 4: Companies selected for quarter-finals
Feb. 11: Quarter-finalist three-minute pitches
Feb. 12:Quarter-finalist three-minute pitches
Feb. 19: Companies selected for semifinals
Feb. 25: Semifinalist 10-minute pitches
Feb. 26: Semifinalist 10-minute pitches
March 4: Companies selected for finale
March 11: Due diligence kickoff with investors
April 10: Mixer with investors and finalists
April 11: Finale
The OKGN Angel Summit is based on the successful Seattle Angel Conference model. The goal of the summit is to raise awareness about angel investing, its benefits and opportunities, and to educate accredited investors in a participatory manner.
Entrepreneurs seeking growth capital can apply today.
All Columnists Stories