(A small and quite readable dissertation on what it means to be local from locally brewed Big Surf Beer).
You know you’re from Kelowna when …
– A gate change at Kelowna International Airport means you shuffle three feet either left or right.
– You are inconsolable the Kelowna Rockets “only” made it to the final four of the Memorial Cup.
– You make payments on your wake surf boat, have a close friend with a wake surf boat or you know a guy who knows a guy with a wake surf boat.
– Your eyebrows shoot up when you spot someone shirtless at the Centre of Gravity who doesn’t have a six-pack of abs.
– You’ve exhaled loudly after nearly missing a bumper whilst driving past Gyro Beach volleyball courts.
– Rims and tires worth $10,000 on a $5,000 truck.
– Your mayor looks rather fetching in eyeliner.
– You’re able to sketch a pinpoint diagram, to scale, of the best place for visitors to grab a breakfast at the Farmers Market.
– You can recite at any given moment the percentage of containment for any local forest fire.
– You’ve browsed the red bell peppers at Save-On-Foods with an NHL player.
– Your biggest complaint is your pool cover wore out after only one season of use.
– You’ve plucked fruit just before hitting your 3-wood.
– You’ve watched a new boat owner unload their boat with their spouse at the El with much amusement.
– You’ve sent a screenshot of the 7-day forecast to friends in Alberta with a smiley face emoji, and received a profanity-laced text in return.
– You have driven several blocks as a single occupant in the HOV lane where you will eventually turn right.
Great beer. Great Price. Locally brewed Big Surf Beer.
Written by Big Surf fan, Rick Maddison
This article is written by or on behalf of the sponsoring client and does not necessarily reflect the views of Okanagan Edge.
All Think Local Stories