The lieutenant governor will be touring the Okanagan over the next few days, recognizing excellence in B.C. wine.
The Honourable Judith Guichon, along with members of the Government House Foundation, will present the 2017 Lieutenant-Governor’s Awards for Excellence.
In all, 11 wineries made the cut, including three in the Central Okanagan and eight in the South Okanagan.
Those receiving awards include:
- The Hatch Winery – Crown + Thieves The Broken Barrel Syrah 2013
- Gray Monk Estate Winery – Odyssey White Brut 2014
- Kitsch Wines – Riesling 2015
- Perseus Winery – Invictus 2013
- Upper Bench Estate Winery – Upper Bench Estate Chardonnay 2015
- Howling Bluff Estate Winery – Century Block Pinot Noir 2013
- Noble Ridge Vineyard and Winery – “The One” Sparkling 2012
- Cassini Cellars – The Aristocrat Cabernet Sauvignon 2013; Nobilus Merlot Collector’s Series 2013
- Castoro de Oro Estate Winery – Crimson Rhapsody 2014
- Maverick Estate Winery – Bush Vine Syrah 2014
- Burrowing Owl Estate Winery -Cabernet Franc 2014
All wineries in British Columbia were invited to submit their wines for blind judging by a panel of wine industry professionals.
This year, 486 wines from 132 wineries were considered by a panel of nine judges. Wines submitted had to be from 100 per cent British Columbia-grown grapes and produced within the province to be eligible
All Biz Releases Stories